Israel News Update
What's New in Israel: U.S. Supreme Court allows American boy's parents to fight for Israel as his listed birthplace
March 26, 2012
Though the law concerning US passports allow Israel to be listed as birthplace, one nine-year-old's passport shows his place of birth as Jerusalem, with no listed country since the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv. The Supreme Court ruled that the Zivotofskys can fight for the listing.
Art Festival Blooms in Tel Aviv
March 21, 2012
Last weekend kicked off Tel Aviv's year-long art festival in collaboration with HaBimah, Tel Aviv Cinamateque, and the Tel Aviv Art Museum.
Time to Make Israeli Arabs Visible
Twenty percent of Israelis are Arabs and not being recognized properly by the Israeli government and society. How can their voices better be heard?
Turkish Hitler Ad Stirs Up Debate
March 27, 2012
Biomen shampoo uses clip of Hitler speech in Turkish commercial and provokes angry Jews and the ADL to speak out against it. What do you think?
Bring this, and Code Word Part A to Yochai for a special prize...Code Word Part B: City-עיר
Recently in Israel:
• Rockets fall on Beersheba in the south of Israel
• Is Haifa's new art exhibition going to make it the new center of culture in Israel?
• Oded Golan, collector of antiquities, acquitted after 10 years of accusations of forging Jesus' brother's tomb
• Tel Aviv documentary film festival highlights gay Palestinians finding refuge in Israeli borders
• Shimon Peres creates Facebook page and wants YOU to be his friend for peace!!
• Obama proclaims that the US will always stand behind Israel
• One-state solution? Two-state solution? THREE-state solution? What's it all about?
• Eldest sculptor in Israel and Holocaust survivor in process of creating Israel's largest sculpture exhibit
• Mitt Romney discusses threats of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons if Obama is re-elected
• Hadag Nahash, Israeli hip hop group performs in Oakland. Check out a live video from another concert!
• Is Israel's light-rail in the making doing more harm than good?
For more Israeli news, feel free to check out: